Potato and Corn Soup
Made with seasonal Maris Piper potatoes, this classic sweetcorn Soup is a comforting bowl of autumnal goodness. Packed with flavour, a hint of spice, and entirely dairy-free, it’s perfect topped with a sprinkling of fresh herbs and served with warm fresh bread for dunking.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 Maris Piper potato (approx 250g), peeled and diced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 500ml almond milk, plus extra to taste
- 200g tin naturally sweet sweetcorn, drained
- 5g fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 5g chives, finely snipped
- fresh bread, warmed, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion, celery, garlic and paprika, and cook gently for 6-7 mins until the onion is translucent. Stir in the potato, chilli and flour, and cook for a further 2-3 mins until the flour has dissolved.
- Pour over the almond milk (it should just cover the potatoes, so top up with cold water if necessary) and continue to cook over a medium heat for 15 mins or until the potato is tender. Add the corn and stir to heat through. Blitz half the soup using a handheld blender, or gently mash with a potato masher, then return the blended soup to the pan.
- Add extra almond milk to thin the soup to your desired consistency. Reheat gently, seasoning to taste, then sprinkle with the parsley and chives. Serve with chunks of warmed bread.