For many of us, eating healthy can seem endless an such an effort.
It does not have to be that way, if you just get a little creative with your cooking and learn how to use healthy ingredients.
Why not try a few of these healthy and delicious recipes?
Soup is great in the winter time when getting home from work or a day out and you require something warm and nourishing keep it healthy, all at the same time.
Hearty Chicken and Pumpkin Soup
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken breast
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- ¼ cup freshly chopped coriander
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large dutch oven or soup pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, celery and carrots and cook, stirring frequently, for about 15 minutes or until the vegetables have softened.
- Add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Stir in the chicken, chicken broth, pumpkin puree, heavy cream, salt, pepper, garlic salt and coriander. Bring to the boil and stir in cheese to melt.
- Once the cheese has melted, taste and season to personal preference and serve with a crusty slice of bread!